1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
minced 1/2 onion , diced
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 package frozen diced vegetables
1 1/2 cups orzo
1 1/2 tbsp flour
2 1/4 cups
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp dry Italian seasoning
3 cups baby spinach
3/4 cup Parmesan (grated)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Make sure the pan is reasonably deep or, use a large pot.
2. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute.
3. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper then cook for 2 minutes until cooked on the outside (raw inside).
4. Add frozen vegetables and flour, stir until flour is incorporated.
5. Add orzo, stock and milk, then stir well. stir in Italian seasoning.
6. Bring to simmer then adjust heat so it’s bubbling gently. Cook for 7 minutes (no lid), stirring every now and then, until orzo is almost tender
7. Add Parmesan and spinach, stir through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve, garnished with parsley and more Parmesan if desired!