Official Contest Rules for the “Snow Me the Money” contest on WSLQ-Q99 sponsored by Cundiff Heating and Air
The following stipulates contest rules for the “Snow Me the Money” contest featured on WSLQ- Q99. Each contest may have additional restrictions and/or qualifications that will be noted with each contest.
- “Snow Me the Money” contest is open to any and all WSLQ listeners, with the exception of employees of Mel Wheeler, Inc., it’s agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families; anyone involved with the production, preparation and distribution of contest materials; and employees and families of employees of other radio stations.
- Must be 18 or older to enter. The official entrant is the name of the person who “owns” the email address submitting the entry. Only one entry per person. Prize monies will be awarded to the official entrant.
- Contest begins on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 and ends on or around March 21, 2021. More specifically, entries will be accepted through 5PM February 21, 2021 and winners will be announced on March 21, 2020.
- To enter: Email your full name, your city or town of residence and the amount of snowfall in feet and inches you predict will fall in southwest Virginia*. Email your entry to Snow@q99fm.com. The person who guesses closest to the amount will win 1st
- Entries will not be accepted through Facebook posts, text messages or phone call. If you do not have access to email, you may enter at WSLQ studio at 3934 Electric Rd, Roanoke, VA 24018.
- *The amount of snowfall will be determined by the amount measured at the National Weather Service headquarters in Blacksburg.
- Prizing is as follows:
1st Place- $500
2nd Place- $250
3rd Place- $100
- In case of a tie, all those with the winning guess will put into a random drawing.
- WSLQ is not responsible for misdirected, delayed or unviewable entries, and The Rock Channel disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete the entry for any reason. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that WSLQ has the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestants name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein. All contest entries become the property of WSLQ
- Only one (1) winner per household or family every thirty (30) days per contest.
- All unclaimed prizes will be deemed refused and will be forfeited. WSLQ is at liberty to give away any unclaimed/forfeited prize at the conclusion of the original winner’s 30-day grace period.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
- WSLQ may substitute one prize for another of equal value without “on-air” or “off-air” acknowledgement.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Any WSLQ contest is void where prohibited by law.
- WSLQ /Mel Wheeler, Inc. is not responsible for defective prizes.
- WSLQ is not responsible for replacing lost or misdirected prizes.
- Any and all taxes associated with winning cash or prizes is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Specific contests may have an addendum which is to be included in the basic contest rules.
- Basic contests rules and addendums are available for review, during regular office hours as stated herein, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.
- WSLQ is not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received.
- Additional accommodations needed above and beyond awarded prize are the sole responsibility
of the winner.
- Any prizes that are mailed are considered delivered at such time they are relinquished to the US
Postal Service or any other courier/ delivery service. WSLQ is not responsible for
lost or stolen prizes.
- Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of WSLQ and may be enacted at any time with out notification.