WDBJ 7 & Q99 present the 36th Annual Virginia State Championship Chili Cook-Off on Saturday, May 9th at Elmwood Park on the Jefferson Street side in downtown Roanoke from 11:00AM to 4:00 PM. David Page of the Morning Show will be cooking up the World Famous "Breakfast Club" Chili courtesy of Piggly Wiggly at the Q99 Cafe so be sure to stop by and get your sample while supplies last. Plus, U.S. Cellular will be joining us at the Cafe with corn hole games and from 11:00AM to 2:00PM they will have Pixel Picture Magic with Q-Bear. Listeners can register to win a Q99 Summer Gift Basket. Join us for a day full of family fun at the 36th Annual Virginia State Championship Chili Cook-Off on Saturday, May 9th at Elmwood Park on the Jefferson Street side in downtown Roanoke from 11AM-4PM!
The 36th Annual Virginia State Championship Chili Cook-Off will feature:
- 35 Fresh Chili Cook Teams
- Voting for favorite People's Choice Chili
- 20 Arts & Crafts vendors
- Food & Beverages
- Live entertainment and music
- a Children's festival zone with games and activities
- a Jalapeno Pepper Eating Contest
- a "Chili Slurp" Contest
- Free Chidren's Festival Zone
- Admission is $4.00 in advance or $5.00 at the gate. Children age 10 and under get in free. Buttons are on sale at participating Stop In Food Stores.
- No pets please!
- All proceeds benefit Greenvale School's Scholarship Tuition Fund.
- The 36th Annual Virginia State Championship Cook-off is sanctioned by the International Chili Society