WDBJ 7 & Q99 present the 34th Annual Virginia State Championship Chili Cook-Off on Saturday, May 4th at the Railside Plaza in downtown Roanoke from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Q99/Valleydale Cafe' will be set up all day so be sure to stop by for Dick & Dave's Famous "Breakfast Club Chili" while supplies last. Thank you to Kroger for suppling Dick & Dave with all the "secret ingredients" in their Breakfast Chili! Plus, Q-Bear will be there to join in on all the family fun at the Cafe'. Join us for a day full of family fun at the 34th Annual Virginia State Championship Chili Cook-Off on Saturday, May 4th at the Railside Plaza on Salem Avenue in downtown Roanoke!
The 34th Annual Virginia State Championship Chili Cook-Off will feature:
- Fresh Chili and Salsa tastings
- Voting for favorite People's Choice Chili
- Arts & Crafts vendors
- Food & Beverages
- Live entertainment and music including The Kings
- a Children's festival zone with games and activities
- a Jalapeno Pepper Eating Contest
- a "Chili Slurp" Contest
- Admission is $4.00 in advance or $5.00 at the gate. Children age 10 and under get in free. Buttons are on sale at participating Stop In Food Stores until May 4th.
- No pets please!
- All proceeds benefit Greenvale School's Scholarship Tuition Fund.
- The 34th Annual Virginia State Championship Cook-off is sanctioned by the International Chili Society